When was the last time you walked into a super store or pharmacy in your community? Did you purchase an OTC drug for your digestive problem? It’s overwhelming to me to see the number of OTC drugs specifically designed for digestive problems? There’s something wrong here!!
I cannot believe the number of products sold over the counter for heartburn, GERD, belching, bloating, constipation and flatulence. Hundreds of pharmaceutical companies are making a fortune from your poor eating and elimination habits.
Are you taking the easy way out, consuming a drug to cover up symptoms instead of learning to eat, live a healthier lifestyle and AVOID the problem from developing?
I often ask myself the question,”Why do people spend so much money on digestive aids – pills, liquids, gels and capsules and treat symptoms rather than getting to the cause?
It’s less expensive to examine your lifestyle and eating habits and determine why your digestive problems exists and make necessary changes. It is sometimes difficult to change habits without adequate support and coaching. To help you identify some of the causes, think about the answers to these questions:
- Are you deficient in digestive enzymes and not digesting fat, carbs, protein
- Is your biggest meal late at night?
- Are you combining foods that shouldn’t be combined thereby causing a chemical reaction in you body called gas, bloating or heartburn?
- Are you chewing your food long enough to liquify the solids before you swallow.
- Do you sitting for hours at a time at a desk or lying down too soon after a meal
- When was the last time you took a leisurely walk after your biggest meal, instead of siting on the couch or chair for the rest of the evening to watch TV?
- or no exercise program and the food is not able to digest properly. Is it because people take the easy way out or are not willing to give up or change what’s not working? Is it easier to go into a pharmacy, buy another pill?
- Are you deficient in healthy bacteria that are required for a healthy gut?
- Are you taking medications with side effects that cause digestive problems?
- Have you seen your MD, undergone tests, diagnosed with a chronic digestive situation?
These are important points to consider before purchasing another OTC product, adding one more digestive aid to your overflowing medicine cabinet. Sometimes, changing poor lifestyle habits can relieve heartburn or belching.
FREE TELEPHONE CONSULTATION:
Dr. Shellie Gretah Fraddin, Ph.D.,
Life and Wellness Coach specializing in Women’s Health
…empowering women to achieve success in every area of their lives without sacrificing wellbeing
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or CALL: 602-708-9018